Welcome to the first Eco-Mythology Gathering in Portugal
A Gathering of Artists, Researchers, Activists and Authors, through Lectures, Rituals, Stories and Tales.
This is a pioneer gathering in Portugal about the need to intertwine Ecology and Mythology; about the importance of how we tell stories, be they personal, cultural, social, scientific or even political.
Twenty-one 45 min recorded presentations, in English and Portuguese (English subtitles available), for you to watch at your own pace.
This event does not intend to define or crystallize the concept or territory of eco-mythology. Rather, it intends to take on its many voices and diverse contexts of time and space, just like a vibrant ecosystem where multiplicity is the key to resilience.
Here we speak the languages of the earth, its ferocity, and subtlety. We challenge anthropocentric perception. We make ourselves available to listen and feel through the lens of radical and eco-systemic relationships. Furthermore, we allow other nuances to nourish us, like the voice of the wind, the stories of the mountains, or the whispers of the deep sea.
Here you will find all the recorded contents — the password to watch the videos is: Ec0myTh2o23.
Program & Speakers
Day 1 — Weaving the Territory
Opening. We lay the ground for eco-mythological perception and its current importance and necessity.
- Presentation by Sofia Batalha — Cosmic-Chthonic Cartography Primeval underground mysteries of Iberian myth, eco-mythology, ecopsychology, art and eight books
- Ana Alpande — Textile Artist, Astrologer, and Storyteller. — OLD WOMAN’S SPIT AND THE AWAKENING OF SIGHT
- Patrícia Rosa-Mendes — Transpersonal Therapist, Storyteller, Mythology — Art — Ecopsychology — GODDESSES, FAIRIES AND FOXES: ANCESTRAL WISDOM FOR NAVIGATING THE INITIATIONS OF LIFE IN THE FEMININE.
Day 2 — The Place of the Body
Following the body, ancestry and death.
- Inabel Bee Uytiepo — pilipinx-chinese, deep collective care, somatic forgiveness & ancestral wayfinding — CURIOSITIES ARE NOT COINCIDENCES
- Íris Garcia — Somatic education, Trauma therapy, Doula, Herbalism, Iberian Animism, Eco-mythology — THE LADIES OF THE PATHS: ANIMISM, ANCESTRY AND SYNCRETISM
- Ana Catarina Infante — End-of-Life/Death Doula, Nurse C. Palliative, Author of the book — the passage, Founder: Community doulas end of life — WHAT STORIES DO WE TELL OURSELVES?
Day 3 — Earth’s Narratives
We listen to the gods that whisper to us all the time.
- Karmit Evenzur — Story-tailor, Cosmology & textiles, living landscape, mythic memory. — THRESHOLDS AND PATHS IN THE GIBRALTAR STRAIT
- Élia Gonçalves — Psychologist, Transpersonal Therapist, Sub-Director EDT — Transpersonal School, Storyteller, Personal Creative Mythology, Author of Ophidia’s Myth. — THE MOORS, THE SELKIES AND THE STORIES WE LIVE: ENCOUNTERS WITH THE SPIRIT OF THE PLACE
- Samuel F. Pimenta — Poet, Writer, Artist, LGBTQIA+ Rights, Human Rights, Earth Rights — OPHIUSSA — JOINING THE ENDS OF BROKEN THREADS
Day 4 — Alchemy of Stories
We cook stories and alchemize landscapes. We remember Mythology in Ecology.
- Gayathri Ramachandran — Scientist, permaculture and weaver of ecosystemic metaphors — KOLAM AT THE THRESHOLD OF TAMIL HOMES
- Ana Sevinate — Clinical Psychologist and Psychotherapist — LANDSCAPE, PSYCHE AND THE PLACE OF HISTORY
- Open session with Sofia Batalha — Cosmic-Chthonic Cartography Primeval underground mysteries of Iberian myth, eco-mythology, ecopsychology, art and eight books. — Q&A
Day 5 — The Ancestor’s Pulse
Do we remember who we are?
- Pegi Eyers — Author of Ancient Spirit Rising: Reclaiming Your Roots & Restoring Earth Community — WISDOM FROM DEEP TIME
- Maristela Barenco — University professor in search of devices of interruption, everyday life, ancestry, sustainability, slowlife, connection-nature — DECOLONIZING CONSCIOUSNESS
- Cláudia Rodrigues — Clinical and Health Psychologist, Existential Psychotherapist — THE VOICE OF OUR GRANDPARENTS AND THE WHISPER OF CAILLEACH
Day 6 — Feeling and Listening
Who are we when we recognize the intertwining? How many intelligences do we host?
- Annabelle Berríos — Shapeshifter. Weaver, connector, and bridge builder. Writer inspired by terrapsychological inquiry and post-activist. Social impact consultant and trainer. — THE PARADOX OF INTIMACY
- Jorge Moreira — Researcher at the CFE — Centre for Functional Ecology — Science for People & the Planet. Societies and Environmental Sustainability. Department of Life Sciences University of Coimbra — FROM MYTH TO ECOSOPHY
- Inês Ripamonti — singer-songwriter, facilitator, authentic vocal expression, healing art: creativity in the service of well-being — PRAYER MUSIC
Day 7 — Strands of Diversity
We weave, we cook, we compost, we ferment, we create, and we breathe.
- Chiara Baldini — Curator #liminalvillage @boomfestivalofficial PhD student @ciis_sf with a passion for ancient history, ecstatic rites and anything Dionysian — THE CROMELECHE OF ALMENDRES
- Daniela Kato — Writer, speaker and storyteller working in ecotherapy and menstruality mentorship — RESCUING THE FORGOTTEN WISDOM OF PLACES WITH THE SPIRITS OF JAPANESE FOLKLORE.
- Closing with Sofia Batalha